Saturday, October 26, 2013

"I'm Used to Working in my Basement Where Things Fall to the Floor."



I will not give any spoilers, I will not give any spoilers, I will not give any spoilers. It's sort of a mantra, and next to impossible with a film like Gravity. Directed by Alfonso Cuaron and starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, it's bound to be nominated for a few Academy Awards. In fact, if it doesn't win in at least one category, I'll be shocked.

Let us set the record straight: I hate space movies. Space is beautiful and wondrous and vast, and it's nice to go to a planetarium every once in a while. I have not ever, however, been interested in going into space. I was one of the only kids who never went through the "I want to be an astronaut" phase.

I absolutely adored Gravity. It's wonderful from every aspect- film work, camera angles, acting, writing, directing. But be sure to bring tissues; when I went, the entire theatre was sniffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment